- This event has passed.
13 Days of Birding Lessons with TLB- Curve Lake First Nation Special Event – by invitation
April 8 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
These workshops are to support your entry into birding! Beginners are encouraged to join in. Learn how to identify all the birds in your backyard in The Land Between with Xavier Tuson, our senior Conservation Technician.
These tailored classes/workshops are held every Tuesday and Thursday during April and early May.
Workshops are free. Donations are appreciated!
Workshop dates and themes are as follows:
- Tues April 6th 6:30-7:30 Waterfowl
- Thursday April 8th. 6:30-7:30 Ground birds (pheasants, grouse…)
- Tuesday April 13th. 6:30-7:30 Waterbirds (Grebes, gulls, terns…)
- April 15th 6:30-7:30 Flyers (hummingbirds, nightjars, swifts…)
- April 20 6:30-7:30 Marsh birds
- April 22 6:30-7:30 Shorebirds
- April 27 6:30-7:30 Birds of Prey
- April 29 6:30-7:30 Thick-billed birds (corvids, woodpeckers…)
- Tuesday May 4th 6:30-7:30 Insectivores (Cuckoos, Shrikes, Vireos…)
- May 6th 6:30-7:30 Songbirds (chickadees, titmice….)
- May 11th 6:30-7:30 Large Songbirds (mocking birds, thrushes…)
- May 13th 6:30-7:30 Finches
- May 18th 6:30-7:30 Warblers!!!