Join one of our annual shoreland Garden workshops to create a custom native shoreland garden design to suit your style and your needs.
But to get you started, here are our Shoreland Garden Handouts:
- Permit requirements and Good Plants/Bad Plants lists (some nursery stock may actually be locally invasive and outcompete our native plants. They can be hard to remove and hard to control, such as periwinkle, zebra grasses, etc. Find out what native plants are good substitutes). Permit requirements. Good Plants Bad Plants. SG Handouts1
- Native Shoreland Plant Guide (native plants for The Land Between region in a chart format. This quick chart/guide is specific to shoreland/riparian areas and gives you an idea of choices that suit your soil types, moisture regimes, and also tells you what attracts pollinators, birds etc.) (COMING SOON)
- Also, great resources are our partner, Watersheds Canada's searchable Native Plant Database or Natural Edge App to help reach your goals. These have great pictures of the plants to choose from and more information.
- Too, you can contact us to book a site visit to help with a custom design or order one of The Land Between's Shoreland Starter Kits. Kits are designed with 12 specialized and attractive plants (flowers and shrubs) covering approx. 3 square metres. Starter Kits come with a mix of plants to add function and biodiversity to your shore, and to attract pollinators, birds, support fish nurseries, and/or take up nutrients. Kits are tailored for:
- Sandy sunny shores
- Mottled shady shores under pines
- Moist organic soil or spongy shorelands
- Rocky shores with hummocks