It’s relationships that make the world go round!
Volunteering is rewarding! We can customize your volunteer experience to take advantage of your skills, talents and interests, or to help you develop new knowledge and skills! Contact us for more details: 705-457-1222
The Land Between has many discrete and ongoing opportunities to get involved, from planting trees, to monitoring birds, snakes, turtles, to pioneering research. Here are some places that you can help!
- Check out our Citizen Science pages to help with wildlife monitoring
- The fourth annual Turtle Walk takes place in May 2021. This event will now take place in the comfort of your own front yard and pledges raised help support charities in Texas to help our sea turtles win the race!
- Turtle feeders- we need volunteers to help feed our teaching turtles this summer at our new headquarters in Haliburton
- Outreach- we are looking for talented writers to capture cool facts and events in communities across the region, and share them with people across Ontario
- Hands on! We are currently looking for helpers to install pilot turtle fencing in sites in Haliburton.
- Adopt-a-Species: Become a species-steward and help monitor one of the over 70 species at risk in the region
- Species monitoring- we are looking for people to install bird monitoring stations and report on findings in their backyards
And there are always other areas and evolving needs…Contact us for more details
We are hiring for summer and fall 2021!
There are entry level and senior positions available available for youth under the age of 30 (Federal funding requirement):
- Junior Turtle Conservation Technician- monitor roads, help excavate and incubate eggs with senior team members, conduct site visits and more
- Turtle Care Technician- help care for the turtles in-house and for the incubation of eggs
- Junior and Senior Bird Technicians- monitor nightjars and other birds at risk
- Junior and Senior Conservation Technicians- work to restore and manage species at risk habitats in partnership with private landowners
- Climate Change specialist- work to research nature-based solutions and indicators of adaptation
- Indigenous Land Trust outreach and Indigenous Traditional Knowledge Coordinator- work to establish an Indigenous Land Trust; work to gather Elders and Knowledge Holders to support land management and conservation
- GIS Tech/Computer Programmer- Mobile Applications