It’s relationships that make the world go round!
Volunteering is rewarding, and we like to honor our volunteers too: Meet our team! They are constructing tools and educational materials for you to steward your properties. Become a Friend of TLB and receive tips and tools to help you steward your property and community.
NOTE: All volunteer activities, except those that can be done within the comfort of your own home are temporarily suspended. For ways to help wildlife during COVID 19, see our Citizen Science pages or contact Leora at 705-854-3578
The Land Between has many opportunities to get involved, from planting trees, to monitoring turtles, and to pioneering research. Here are some places that you can help!
- Turtle Teams and Turtle Monitoring: Become a Turtle Guardian and help us monitor and save turtle populations. Five levels of Guardianship exist. Visit www.turtleguardians.com
- The third annual Turtle Walk takes place in June 2020. This event will now take place in the comfort of your own front yard!
- Turtle feeders- we need volunteers to help feed our teaching turtles this summer at our new headquarters in Haliburton
- Outreach- we need people to spread the word about this amazing and important region- and to look for events and opportunities where we can present information and raise awareness.
- Planting hands- we have sites to restore! Any help to green up shorelines is needed and many plants to put into the ground. Contact us if you like getting your hands in the dirt.
- Adopt-a-Species: Become a species-steward and help monitor one of the over 70 species at risk in the region
- Events and Fundraising: we need support to hold galas, and for general fundraising
And we are always grateful for those who wish to submit blogs and newsletters…
The window to apply for spring and summer positions is now closed. Thank you for your interest. Check back in the fall for new opportunities.