Project: Building Between (Status: New and In progress)
To foster enterprises that are dynamic and support sustainable development
Building Between is a marketing cooperative for local contractors, suppliers and land managers and an educational centre for better and green building solutions.
TLB is incubating this innovative project to re-purpose a heritage building while supporting the the 3rd largest sector in the region- Construction.
Not only is the Eco-Innovation Centre/Building Between project supporting local entrepreneurs, it promotes smaller carbon footprints, ecological products, and local supplies.
We are proud to support the volunteer initiative of our CMO, Leora Berman, in partnership with experts, volunteers and agencies of the Architectural Association of Ontario and Canadian Industrial Heritage Centre.
See what it is all about here: www.buildingbetween.ca
To date, and over the past five years, we have:
- restored the roof to secure the building;
- conducted an intensive business study to ensure the repurpose would benefit the communities;
- levelled and re-graded the site;
- planted cedar trees around the perimeter as a screening
- gutted and cleaned the interior;
- rezoned the property to fit this project use with a unique designation;
- received the preliminary engineering assessments and cultural assessments
- Build a website
- Conducted research into BMP for building materials and styles and posted these on the website