The Land Between works with knowledge holders, students and research institutions to gather information on the culture, ecology and socio-economy of the region.
The Land Between also gathers and houses valuable data that may be used to support mobile tourism, marketing, conservation planning, key initiatives and advanced research. This data is in the form of audio, video, maps, databases, shapefiles (georeferenced data), and printed reports. A data sharing agreement is required, which outlines the terms of the data use including copyright information. Sensitive data of Species at Risk, First Nation’s cultural attributes are shared on a case-by-case basis.
Research summaries and results are posted on our Science and Discoveries page and are free for download. Foundational natural and cultural resource data may be ordered through the Ontario Geospatial Data Exchange through Land Information Ontario.
To befriend TLB and access data, contact us
- Shoreline Development Report PDF summary report including maps. 2007 $60.00
- Shoreline Development shapefiles 2007. NAD 83 $250.00
- Shoreline Development Mapping PDF files for each county $80.00
- Haliburton County Arable soils report 2010 PDF report including maps $80.00
- Haliburton County Arable soils shapefiles 2010. NAD 83. Attributes $300.00
- Avian Diversity mapping 2011 PDF $80.00
- Ghost towns database 2009 $80.00
- Lake Trout, Lake Health Database, Muskoka or Haliburton $250
- Protected Areas mapping $80.00
- Protected Areas shapefile $150
- HD footage 1min- $1000
- HD stills- $40 each