Vision – Bioregionalism in Action
To foster cooperation between sectors and across levels, that results in understanding, behaviours and adaptive solutions that benefit the totality of the region; from nature to culture, society and the economy.
Mandate – Instill a Sense of Place
To instill a sense of place and pride in place, that is demonstrated in behaviors and also relationships that respect the unique characteristics and needs of the land (the region).
A healthy intact natural biome, where ecosystems provide essential functions, habitat for all levels of wildlife, and retain the intrinsic capacity for renewal
Cultural vitality where perspectives, worldviews, and practices are animated, shared and celebrated. This vibrancy expresses and also informs who we are in the region, both distinctively and collectively.
Community leadership that is respectful, demonstrates humility, and is responsive.
A sensitive, integrated and sustainable economy that is cyclical and supportive of future generations through the ability to reciprocate to nature, the land, and the creativity that has provided for it’s success.
Research and communicate the unique natural, cultural, and socio-ecological features of the region, including their inter-connectedness and related functions and benefits.
Educate through respectful and inspiring modes, messages, and media
Cultivate new relationships, and facilitate exploration and deliberative dialogue, towards robust new understandings and solutions
Apply and implement collaborative, strategic, and sustainable solutions
1. Foster Cooperative Solutions: All levels and jurisdictions adopt and employ innovative planning mechanisms that respect the Natural environment and how it benefits cultural and economic diversity and wellbeing
2. Conserve Biodiversity: A system of connected stewarded and protected habitats across the region which maintain Nature’s basic capacity for renewal, including an intact food web that supports biodiversity and ecosystem functions
3. Sustain Water Quality: Lakes, wetlands and shorelands at a significant level of “unaffectedness” so as to maintain water quality and healthy fish habitats.
4. Support A Sustainable Cyclical Economy: Effective enterprise that is congruent with the characteristics of the region, and do not undermine the foundation of its Natural Capital.
5. Cultivate Vibrant Culture: The diversity of peoples and practices, and richness of history is thriving and embodied in our individual, community and regional character.
6. Enhance Education: The Land Between and its features is being taught in schools and which includes local history, geography, natural sciences, etc.
7. Engage Youth: Next generations are excited about and engaged in learning, participating and leading natural resource and cultural heritage stewardship.
The Land Between chooses projects within 7 program areas to achieve our 7 core goals
Each project is listed in a main program area, however, each project integrates many focuses and actions and therefore benefits multiple goals.
Click on the links for more information:
Landscape and Natural Systems Conservation – Conserve Biodiversity
Education and Awareness- Enhance Education and Extend Awareness
Future Leaders- Engage Youth
TLB investigates areas of need to identify gaps and opportunities. We attempt to ensure that all projects have impacts across sectors, levels, and are completed using a community partner model. If you have a project idea or a partnership request, contact us.