Our most popular workshop – Design Your Own Shoreline Garden with The Land Between– and now with Watersheds Canada too!
Come to one of our seasonal workshops and walk away with a garden design and plant choices tailored especially for your shore! Join experts with over 25 years experience in naturalizing, restoring, and designing shoreline gardens across Ontario. Now too, use the Natural Edge App and Amazing Plant Database to help choose plants for your site.
Your shoreline can be beautiful, functional, natural and yet still have access and great lake views. Never mow again. Attract butterflies and pollinators. Help your lake’s fish habitats. Deter nuisance geese. Screen out neighbours if you like too…all while supporting our healthy ecosystems for future generations.
TLB offers affordable and exciting workshops from April to October across the region. Workshops run 10am to noon. Workshops are $20/per person. Please bring a picture of your shoreline. Coffee and snacks are served. This year we are in:
- Buckhorn Community Centre: Saturday June 9th
- Bobcaygeon Community Centre: Saturday June 16th
- Hastings Highlands Public Library: Saturday July 7th (this event is at 9am to 11)
- Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association: Saturday Aug. 11
- Huntsville Library, the Annex Room: Saturday, Aug. 25th
- Curve Lake First Nation Community Centre: Saturday Sept. 8
Workshop topics include:
- native plants
- increasing biodiversity
- invasive species
- goose control
- limiting nutrient runoff
- erosion considerations
- plant species preferences
- design aesthetics
- step-by-step design
Once you attend, you can also order our
Onsite consultations are also available.
This program has been sponsored by RBC’s Bluewater Foundation in 2016, 2017, and the Great Lakes Guardian Conservation Fund in 2018.