We are hiring for the summer and into the fall to support our core programs.
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 to qualify.
- Positions are dependent on funding securement (to be announced in March)
- The Land Between is an equally opportunity employer with a view to employing Indigenous peoples, LGBTQ2 individuals, newcomers to Canada, people with disabilities and Visible Minorities.
See postings below for details.
Note: Please provide a cover letter that indicates how you qualify for all the listed requirements as well as a resume to Leora at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th.
- Turtle Guardian Educational Interpreter/Assistant– Summer position from April until September with a possibility of extension. $16/hour. This position involves creating educational content and delivering day camps and workshops to children and youth related to turtle conservation. The position is also responsible for creating online and other media and awareness campaigns. Turtle Guardians Educational Interpreter
- Turtle Guardian Citizen Science Manager– Summer position from April until September with a possibility of extension. $16/hour. This position involves species and site monitoring and also training volunteers in Citizen Science (identifying and monitoring turtles, turtle habitats and other related species inventories); and in site reconnaissance (to assess viability of turtle tunnel locations and to conduct road surveys). The position also includes using GIS to track data and to contribute to conservation planning with the Turtle Guardians team. Turtle Guardians Citizen Science manager
- Blue Lakes Research Manager– Summer position from May 30 to October 19. $16.00/hour. This position involves conducting interviews, surveys and research in order to assess behaviour change as a result of participation in the project and to provide recommendations. This position qualifies for applied credits through Ulinks/Trent University. Blue Lakes Research Manager
- Blue Lakes Marketing Assistant– Summer position from April until October with the possibility of extension. $15.50/hour. This position involves creating and executing a marketing plan for the project, including leading media and communication product development to increase uptake. The position also involves fundraising. This position is mentored by the project team. Blue Lakes Marketing Assistant
- Land Stories Heritage Planner – This is a summer position with the possibility of extension. Preference given to First Nation applicants and/or those with a strong history and immersion into First Nations culture. $16.00/hour. This position involves consultation with First Nation governments within the Williams Treaty area to gather interest and input into the development of a First Nation land conservancy. The position requires an understanding of the Indian Act and the history of Indigenous peoples in Canada and understanding of policy development. The position also involves the use and input into the Land Stories app and requires knowledge of GIS applications. Land Stories Heritage planner